- If your ultrasound was done in the sitting position or lying down. This could create false positives within your veins. All venous ultrasounds should be done in the standing position to ensure proper results.
- The only treatment offered is a vein stripping. The newest and most effective treatment is Endovenous Laser. A vein stripping requires downtime while an Endovenous Laser has little to no downtime.
- You are told you only need laser procedures and your veins will resolve. Typically, there are phases of treatment that include different types of procedures to treat the whole problem and not just a part of it.
- The practice said that anesthesia is required during your Endovenous Laser. You do not need to be put under for laser treatment. A local analgesia is all that is needed. It is important for your physician to communicate with you during procedure.
- Your physician is not board certified in vein care. A clinic that specializes only in vein care and has board certified physicians utilizes the most up to date procedures and has had extensive training to provide the best care.
OUR PHILOSOPHY. FIND A BOARD CERTIFIED VEIN DOCTOR.
At Illinois Vein Specialists, we understand that seeking proper care is just as important to you as it is for us. That is why we focus only on treating varicose and spider veins and provide the most advanced and effective treatments available today. Since opening we have successfully treated over 10,000 patients from around the world. We treat patients from Buffalo Grove, Cary, Elgin, Algonquin, Palatine, Vernon Hills, Crystal Lake, Hoffman Estates, Lake Zurich, Fox River Grove, Mundelein, Grayslake, Wauconda, Glenview, Northbrook, Chicago, and all areas ofBarrington, Illinois and outside of Illinois.
We understand that when you choose a doctor you want to go to someone you know, like and trust, and honestly so do we. We know that patients come to us most often from satisfied patient referrals, but we encourage you to do your own homework and ask around. In the end no matter where you live or who you decide to have treat your varicose or spider veins find someone who focuses only on diagnosing and treating varicose and spider veins -- find a Board Certified Venous and Lymphatic Doctor.